Thursday, October 4, 2012

Vegan Chili Oh So Good

Dr Fuhrman got me thinking a whole new way about eating. I have been reading his books Eat to Live and Super Immunity and both books have recipes for soups and stews that are simple and easy for you to make and eat every day of the week. So, I decided to make up our own chili for us to eat on this week. I made this chili up on my way to RCIA Class Monday night. I put it in the crock pot at 5 pm.... it was ready to eat when we got home from class at 9pm.

Here is what it took.

1 can of Diced Salsa Style Tomatoes
(Fire Roasted in Tomato Puree) mine was Kroger brand
1 Can of Water (use the tomato can)
1 can Tri- Bean Blend 15 oz
(Simple Truth Organic from Kroger) rinsed under water
6 oz Frozen Whole Kernel Corn
3 oz Frozen Bell Pepper
3 oz Frozen Chopped Onion
chopped garlic as much as you like ( I use fresh some people use dry)
Adjust the following spices to fit yourself
Chili Pepper - 1 Tablespoon
Cumin- 1 Tablespoon
Paprika- 1 Tablespoon
Black Pepper- 1/2 Tablespoon
I personally do not add Salt... You can add salt if you wish.
This makes a small crock pot full of chili. I put it on to cook on high for 4 hours and it is perfect when i got home. It is vegan NO meat in it. I  plan to add mushrooms to my chili tonight to get a "meat" variety and will let you know how it works out. I plan to add the mushrooms at the end maybe the last 2 hours.

If you make  this I would love to hear how it turns out for you. Drop me a note.



No comments:

Post a Comment