Sunday, January 6, 2013

Trip to the Farmer's Market

Yesterday my Shweetheart and I took a trip to the Farmer's Market here in Dallas. It was cold but we had a nice time. We started our day in the enclosed area looking through the shoppes that are mainly Jewelry, Handmade Soaps, Candles, Baked Goods, and Yes my favorites the Hand sewn and painted creations.
I found this shoppe where everything is from Mexico that we go into every time we visit the marketplace. I usually marvel at the Día de los Muertos art the shoppe has but this visit the prints were what grabbed my attention right away.

 This is the print we came home with.... YES, It is a print. Hard to believe it is not a painting...I thought it was I was. In fact I still keep walking over and softy run my handover the surface to check.
Then as we were walking to the stalls to shoppe for our produce what do I see but a beautiful mural that I would love to have in my home.
Yes we went on to purchase a trunk load of produce. I could not believe we actually picked up 15 pounds of shweet potatoes for $5.00 yes count them l $5.00.
Then we went on to pick up strawberries, oranges,lemons,limes and grapefruit from South Texas. 
Just seeing the second picture makes one want to grab a big cold glass of juice doesn't it.
Well, time to do some Santa sewing. (Yes, you read that right.)
So til tomorrow.
Stay Healthy
Shweet Santa

No comments:

Post a Comment